The husband, boys and I celebrated ME today, for my health, happiness and love that I have been blessed with over the past 33 years. My family here with me and across the seas, is one thing that I hold closest to my heart, and I cannot imagine being without.
But there are other things about me you may not know, SO, I thought I would share 33 things about me on the day I celebrate my 33rd birthday:
*(Its now 2019, and I have just turned 34, so look out for the bonus one at the end!)
In no specific order, here they are!
- I have lived in 4 countries – I was born and bred in Scotland where I lived for 13 years, we then moved to Leicester, England and lived there for 12 years before I got married and was whisked away for 4 amazing years in Dubai, UAE. and today I am now coming up to my 4th year in Doha, Qatar
- I had braces from the age of 18 to 21!!!! I remember once being asked if my accent was because of them.
- I played the piano for 7 years, and used to compete in competitions back in my Scotland days
- I’m a middle child, 3 of 4. I have 2 older brothers and a younger sister. We’re all married and between us we have 9 children.
- My siblings and I all have an age gap of 5 years between the one above and the one after. so at the end of this year, our ages will look like this: 43, 38, 33, 28.
- My husband and I lived minutes from one and another when I moved to Leicester, we even went to the same school for 4 years, but we don’t recall if we knew one another or not. Even after being in the same city for that many years, we finally met in Dubai through a evening out with my cousins and brother.
- Our first date was at Jumeriah beach hotel, on the beach under moonlight, with Burj al Arab lights glistening over the water. (honestly it was that picture-perfect!)
- I’m totally comfortable talking about bowel movements, in fact if you talk to me about bowel movements I consider you as a very good friend.
- I still don’t know what I want to be, when I grow up.
- I have a fear of flying, which I developed during my late teens. It was so bad that I had to take a high dose of anti-anxiety medication (before children of course!)
- I’ve had two emergency C-sections because I don’t dilate, and they were both pretty traumatic!
- I say sorry to people who bump into me…!
- During my childhood, I (and only myself) believed I could become a singer, I even wrote some of my own songs! ps. I have an awful voice.
- My tv personality twin can be closest matched to Monica from friends. (I to have that one hidden room, filled with ‘organised’ mess!!!)
- I go off food, just as fast as I became obsessed with it. My current obsession is fresh coriander with everything!!
- A couple of my favourite movies ever, are Back to the Future and Snatch!
- I used to be a football obsessed junkie, I think having 2 older brothers had something to do with it. But today, like the rest of my family, I am still a proud Liverpool fan!
- When my husband got a job offer in Doha, his work offered to fly us out to scope the place out. I refused and basically moved here blindly.
- I have a degree in computing and management, but I have no interest in ever using it! I do think 18 is way to young to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life! If I could choose again, I would have chosen fashion or interior design…or something down that route.
- When I was younger I wore dresses with trainers, and still have that tom boyish streak in me, I rarely wear jewellery and I am not a fan of make up, but somehow my younger sister became the total opposite.
- I’m lactose intolerant and have been my whole life, but only found out at 20 years old.
- I have a lot of allergies, including exotic fruits, shellfish, dust, hay fever and what feels like, a million other things.
- My parents used to own the biggest toy shop in Dundee (Scotland) which was a great conversation starter during break time at school.
- I’m 5ft 1in
- I sometimes watch my phone ring, because as most of my friends know, I’m not a fan of talking over the phone!
- I’m a very VERY emotional person. My family could easily confirm this in seconds.
- I’m absolutley amazing at giving advice, but awful at implementing it myself.
- I wish I spent more time on my blogging, as I love writing.
- My sister is my best friend.
- In the 5 years I’ve been a mother, there hasn’t been a day where I have not seen my kids. (But this is due to change very soon!)
- Both boys were born in Dubai; with the most amazing doctor.
- I secretly wish I was able to home school! (Im too lazy though) As I’m one of those attached annoying mothers.
- I’m poor at planning my own life (great at planning for others including my kids!) but praying and hoping this year, my plans (and dreams) all become a reality.
- Since writing the post last year, I left my boys with my parents (England) for 2 weeks as my husband and I left to perform Hajj (Saudi Arabia), I expected to cry the entire 2 weeks I was away, when in reality after the initial 2 days away, I felt content with where I was and where they were, and barely cried!