This is an easy, simple recipe for non-toxic play dough you can make at home. If you store it correctly, it will last for ages, and also if your little one decides to go in for a taste, then you don’t need to worry too much as it is edible too.
It can be used from 1 up (i started at 1 years old with both boys), or when you feel like your little one is ready.
Playing with play dough has so many benefits on development, the main two being creativity and developing fine motor skills.
- Combine all the Ingredients (apart from the food colouring) in a pot and over a medium heat begin to mix with a spatula.
- When all the ingredients are mixed together, add the food colouring. (I found it was easier to add food colouring whilst it was still liquid but some recipes do say when it starts to solidify.)
- Carry on stirring and soon the liquid will start coming together and form a play dough like texture, take it off of the heat and carry on stirring until all the dough has come together and it isn’t sticky anymore.
- If it is still sticky, then put it back over the heat for a brief minute or so, and carry on stirring.
- Take the play dough out of the pot, and let it cool on a chopping board, and then once cooled store in an air tight container.